Monday, August 13, 2007

House Keeping with Pilots

Hello all. You'll be glad to know I'm on the brink of entering the world of 24. Netflix is sending me the last available Entourage disk tomorrow - and until the new season is out on DVD, I must move forward! In the meantime, I'm doing a bit of upkeep in preparation for the Fall Season. At right, I've organized the links to various show and spoiler/pop culture sites. If there's a great website you know of, and it's missing from the list - please let me know. I'm always looking for good resources on my favorite shows and your help is much appreciated. You'll have to forgive me, I couldn't take the Veronica Mars link down... mainly because it should still be an active show. My own tiny protest.

In other news, I saw the Reaper pilot tonight. Loved it! Very pleasantly surprised. I mean, I'd heard the buzz, but let's face it, The CW is not exactly a hot bed of all things great in TV Land - especially with the loss of the Gilmores and Veronica - so I was a bit unsure, but willing to try it out. And I'm so glad I did. Bret Harrison's, Sam, is lovably goofy and endearing (following the winning, Seth Cohen/Jim Halpert trend, now being employed by many shows, including NBC's, Chuck), but it wouldn't be anywhere near as good a show without Tyler Labine. He had me laughing out loud. Smart idea. Interesting characters. Good payoff. That's enough to capture my interest...

I also watched the Pushing Daisies pilot for a second time. Words cannot detail how much I love this show. Seriously. I mean, it's either going to take off and be a smash hit, or fail miserably because people don't get it (I see no reason it should be the latter, unless people's brains have been fried by watching too many episodes of D listers dancing off for a sequined trophy). It's innovative, smart, funny and completely different from anything else on the tube. WATCH IT!! Tell everyone you know. Screw the dance off!!

P.S. Please go read the most recent Creed Thoughts. I was laughing so hard I couldn't speak... tears, people. Tears of joy and mirth.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love Bret Harrison. He was/is my main reason for watching Grounded For Life. I even watched his latest sitcom 'The Loop' (not religiously, but hey no one else did either). I'm actually excited that he may be on a successful show.

Hope your summer is going well!