Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Heroes: Chapter 19
Let's get the basics out of the way.
Or: Things you should know about me and Heroes.
1. My loyalty goes to Parkman (hello, dude was on Alias and LOST) and Peter (who knew Jess Mariano could get hotter?).
2. I love HRG.
3. You know who's a hero? Hiro, from Heroes. That's a hero.
4. Let's not discuss Simone. I can't handle her. At all.
5. I trust no one in power.
In the words of my boss, via text message, last night:
Boss: I'm heading home to watch Heroes.
Me: Save the cheerleader...
Boss: F*** her, I'm saving the world.
I'm not sure I can attempt to maneuver through the muddled confusion that is my brain at the moment to attempt and discuss what I just saw played out. I'm attributing this to driving home from Nashville in the middle of the night and only getting about 4 hours of sleep. I refuse to believe it has anything to do with a general misunderstanding of the episode.
Actually, it was a great episode. And not really that convoluted... just a lot of stuff.
What I walked away with:
1. Mamma Petrelli is one of Linderman's "friends" who used to be in on it all. Don't you think? If so, whose side is she on?
2. Linderman's a freak. Dude heals dead things and thinks it's okay to wipe out .07% of the population of NYC. Nevermind the weird art collection.
(Can I take a moment to say my husband is sitting here watching "The Prestige" in the background and it's hella loud in my ear...)
3. Parkman's power has satellite capability. Wonder how far away you can be and still have him hear you?
4. Isaac is hardcore. And a much better painter than Sylar. Nathan looks a bit scary (read: green) in Sylar's version of the Oval Office. Wonder what biggie bad will do with the paintings now...
5. Apparently, even if he is the bomb, it won't kill Peter. And Nathan knows it. Big Brother has mixed motives I think.
6. Linderman has an electric/computer issue and needs Micah to be his mini repairman. Creepy. NikkiJessica is NOT going to be happy when she finds out.
7. Is there anyone who didn't guess that Peter had glass lodged somewhere? Same thing happened to Claire. Remove the weapon, save the hero.
(Oh, dear. Hubby's very excited that Gollum is in this movie.)
8. Whatever Isaac sent off to the publisher is gonna resurface. And it's gonna be important!
9. "The Company" is going down, courtesy of my favorite new trio (sorry Harry, Hermione and Ron): HRG, Ted and Matt Parkman.
10. That cheerleader's not going to Paris.
So, aside from the fact that Naive Young Hiro and Pissed Off Future Hiro coming face to face HAS to be tearing a hole in the space-time continuum, it appears the future is grim. Angsty Peter is kissing NikkiJessica, Nathan's promoting genocide, and Suresh has on glasses.
The future's looking dark, my friend. Very, very dark.
I can't wait.
And in other news, there's a Peter Petr... I mean, Jess Mariano/Gilmore Girls marathon on ABC Family this Sunday from 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. (Central Time)