Saturday, May 5, 2007

Grey's Anatomy: 3x22

Grey's Anatomy
3x22
The Other Side of This Life

I finally watched Grey's... or Private Practice... or whatever the hell it's called now.

Not sure where I stand on the new show. I love Addison, but I feel like PP could end up being the new Thirtysomething - with waaay more, and too much, sex. I don't recall one scene that was free of sexual innuendo, conversation or meaning. It's ALL Grey's (and by extension, the new over-sexed Addison spin-off) are about, and I'm sorry, but that's just not reality to me. Yes, it's a part of life, but seriously... I'm starting to think the writer's room at GA might want to attend a seminar on sex addiction or something! It's disappointing because what made this show interesting in the beginning, was the idea of a group of people living their lives in the context of this competitive, high paced atmosphere and now, it feels like it's on the downhill slope to telenovela land. And could they STOP being so incestuous? Someone has GOT to get the hots for a person not involved in the medical profession! Grrr! (As I say this, it dawns on me, I'm not bothered by the fact that the people in The Office can't seem to date outside the daily grind - but I'm allowed to be partial between comedy and drama... and what makes sense and doesn't.)

(And yes, I was even more goobed out by Piz in Grey's than I am in Veronica. I mean, who goes shirtless with their board inside the office...? This is what I'm talking about when I say EVERYTHING on this show is about sex - and at times, completely ridiculous.)

No comments: