Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Joining the Entourage

I'm in the midst of my Entourage catch-up. Season 2, Disc 3 should be arriving on my doorstep tomorrow and I'll continue my faithful review until I'm up on Season 4 (that may take some time, I know) - no matter how wacky their schedule is. My thoughts at the moment are a bit... scrambled... because I get it. I see, I understand, why people love this show - especially the Hollywood crowd.

Don't get me wrong. It's fabulously done, well written, funny, satirical - and it has The Piv. All things that put it on top. But if I have to listen to one more montage about weed and how many girls they've all slept with (described, sometimes, in the most derogatory ways), I might go a little crazy. Just momentarily. I've heard and seen plenty of filthy language and unnecessary sex and violence, but I think the onslaught of 5 episodes at a time is getting to me. Maybe I should start breaking it up...

Still, it is a clever show, not afraid to show the good and bad of this town, and I applaud that for sure. They're great with locations and I find myself amazed at some of the places and people they've gotten access to. So yeah, all around, I like it. I just need a little time to breathe between episodes.

Imagine, without Melissa Joan Hart and Drive Me Crazy, Vinnie Chase might not exist as we know him...

No comments: