Friday, April 27, 2007

The Office: Deleted Scenes and 16 Hours Later.

"I've been collecting benefits... as my own widow." - Creed Bratton

The Office should be an hour long. The deleted scenes they post on NBC.com every week are hysterical... and I always think at least one of them should have been included in the viewable episode. I know they don't have time, have to pare it down, etc. Blah, blah, blah. But it's true.

Especially this week. Funny, funny stuff.

In other news, I spent half of my work day discussing "Product Recall" with my boss and co-worker. We do this every Friday.

9 a.m. (Let's be honest, it's usually 9:05-9:10) - I walk in the front door and within 10 seconds, hear: "Oh. My. God. I almost peed my pants last night when..." insert quote or situation.

The next half hour involves us laughing at scenarios from the night before. Talk eventually wanes, but at least three more times during the day, someone randomly begins to laugh... and it starts all over again.

I stick to my guns when I say last night was not my favorite episode. It wasn't. But I've decided The Office is like a fine wine - or a smelly cheese - it gets better over time. And when you spend as much time as I do, discussing it every Friday, you start to laugh at things you didn't catch the first time around. Then you watch again, and it seems to have reached a new level of funny somehow.

Now, that's great television.

(Ooooo, Adam Brody is on Late Night. I like. Seriously, who wouldn't want a little Seth Cohen in their life?)

No comments: