Monday, May 7, 2007
Heroes, Chapter 21
I know I say this every week - but I have no clue what just happened. I swear, if I have this on my brain all summer, I'm gonna hunt Tim Kring down.
Things I can grasp...
1. Sylar has mommy issues... and apparently, a soft side. I sort of liked his return to nerdy Gabriel (Does anyone else find they're slightly pulled toward, yet totally repelled by Sylar? Just me? Ooookaaay.) Plus, we got a little more insight into his motives. Cold-blooded killer? Well, only if you're unworthy of your abilities - at least he doesn't have it out for innocents or want to blow up New York. Still, the references to him being President were a bit eerie in light of last week, not to mention the painting in his mother's blood. Kinda rude considering Mother's Day is this week!
2. Mohinder and Molly are the sweetest. And Molls... cool power! Wouldn't it be nice to know where someone was just by thinking of them? Veronica could totally own that ability. And speaking of Mohinder, it dawned on me as a bit strange that Sylar gave him a call... then I thought it through. In last week's future episode, when Nathan was actually shape-shifty Sylar, Mohinder was still around. Sylar (as Nathan) had made him a very important player in the research, tracking, etc. of the "terrorists." Why? Sylar could have easily killed him had he wanted to, but I think he has a strange attachment to Mohinder. As weird and dysfunctional as it is, they understand one another. Think Kate and The Marshall on LOST.
3. Nathan is helping Linderman. Seriously, every week, I change my mind about whether or not I trust him. This week... not so much. Still, I'm thinking he might surprise us come game time... especially if Hiro gets to pass on his knowledge of the future.
1. How did Sylar unfreeze Hiro's time stop?
2. Why does Linderman want to blow up the city? Why does Mama Petrelli agree?
3. Is Mohinder's sister really dead?
4. How did Candice turn the hotel, or whatever that building is, into a funhouse for Micah? And why does Linderman want him? Jessica is gonna be piiiiissed.
Just gushing a little...
I love that all of the Heroes are appearing in New York, coming together for the final event. My trio (Ted, Parkman and HRG) was back in action and made it to the city in time for Bennett to reunite with ClaireBear. Plus, Peter got his new, flammable power.
Next week on Heroes?
Seriously. Who the hell knows.