Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Two for One.

Heroes
Season 2, Chapter 3
Kindred

Disclaimer of the day: This blog is for shows I watch, meaning I like them, am invested in the story and characters, which sort of makes them like old friends I give an hour of my time to once a week. And you know how it is with old friends - as much as you love, respect and care for them... you REALLY like to make fun of their quirks, laugh at their mishaps and relive all their most embarrassing moments.

With that in mind, I'm interested to know if anyone else out there is having the same trouble I am, focusing on anything OTHER than the cheesy flying sequence in last night's Heroes? Because I feel certain some other stuff happened, but I... just... can't... seem... to recall.

"Claire. Shut up."

I fully expected it to be followed by, "And kiss me," while an appropriately cheesy 80's song played in the background. Such disappointment. He could have at least played, In Your Eyes, on a boombox outside the window while he watched her cut off her toe. Of course, West has a dark place. And it's all Claire's daddy's fault... so now, she's Creepy Bear, staring HRG down through the blinds while he looks at rather ominous pictures of himself, glasses busted.

And I'm sorry, but as much as I love Ireland... Peter has got to leave. I mean, come on. Aside from the lost identity and the life of crime, we find him randomly shirtless, (Lightning! Sparks!) practicing his magic show when Bonny Bar Maid walks in? Why did he need his shirt off for that? Ohhh, right. It's for the ladies. The ladies who tat him up with the family symbol?? What?

Sark, can you please get Hiro to take you back to 2007? The Japanese armor isn't really all that flattering to your accent. Plus, don't you want to meet your great, great, great, great, great, great, great granddaughter and her creepy dad? As for Hiro, you've already punched enough holes in the space-time continuum, do you really want to test it further by sticking notes in the sword for Ando? And how does that work? I'd like to see the moment the sword is altered in the present because of something you're doing 400 years prior. My mind can't really wrap itself around that...

Sylar. Are you on LOST now? Wrong network, buddy. Whatever, just glad to have you back, even if you're still evil.

As for Parkman and Mohinder, I feel I have nothing to add that can fuel the fire of speculation more than anyone else already has.

Other people did things, but... I sort of found them uninteresting.

KB countdown: 2 Weeks.


House
4x03
97 Seconds

Um, House, what is wrong with you? Let's just forget the knife incident, okay. Not that I'd ever put it past you in the first place, but still, let's focus on more important things, like how you should fire Cut-throat Bitch. Immediately.

I'll be honest, I didn't think I was going to like Olivia Wilde's character. My husband's comment was, "Isn't that the girl that made out with Mischa Barton?" Yes... she was that plot device, but I liked her even then, so it wasn't Josh Schwartz related. No, my fears, in regard to her stint on House, were more about not wanting to see Cameron replaced. I'm sort of like House that way... I lost the team, and I'm not too keen on newbies. Anyway, I'm now conceding to liking her. So, there you go. Plus, I just felt really bad for her tonight, what with the guy AND his dog dying... waaaay too sad to handle.

That said, there was a shocking lack of Cameron and Chase this ep. I really, really, really hope they haven't become wayside characters because, change what you want, there is no chemistry like House and the original three. And I miss it. Of course, with Foreman's unfortunate foray into acting like House tonight, and subsequently being fired, I can see the halls of Princeton-Plainsboro once again being filled with the sounds of discord. What a beautiful noise.

And could I please get some sort of information on why there is no House next week? Is it sports related? Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the latest episode was a little heartbreaking-at the end, anyway. I felt so bad for 13. And I love Olivia Wilde. Amazing actress!